Elmhurst Bicycle Club
What does Elmhurst Bicycle Club have to offer?
Note from Club President George Pastorino: We have gone to ABR for over 20 straight years staying at The Indianhead Motel. We are very active in Kayaking, XC Skiing, Snowshoeing, Mountain Biking, Canoeing, Hiking, and Road Biking. We have raised tens of Thousands of dollars to put physically challenged children on specially adapted bicycles….see video below.
We also donated a Bench to ABR (See photos):
Bench donated to ABR by the Elmhurst Bicycle Club. Click on images to enlarge.
The Big Picture
Founded in 1977, the Elmhurst Bicycle Club (EBC) continues to live up to the motto: “Riding at the Speed of Fun.” Club members, who range from novice to experienced, come from all walks of life and live throughout the western suburbs of Chicago and beyond.
The EBC is one of the larger, more active bicycle clubs in the area with over 500 members and a variety of activities throughout the year accommodating all skill levels. Rides range from 8 to 10 mph to over 20 mph. Single-day ride distances range from 10 to 200 miles.
Sometimes we ride just to ride. Sometimes we have a specific purpose, like exploring a new park, restaurant, or a community festival.Some of the more social events are: biking trips, Thanksgiving hike & dinner, Michigan UP cross-country skiing trip, Christmas Lights ride, and Holiday Party. We have year-round activities (such as winter hiking and skiing) and get-togethers in addition to bicycling. You will find riders at your experience level, with similar interests. We stick together on all club rides, staying with anyone having mechanical or other problems. Come join our monthly meeting or ride as a guest to see what we are all about!
The EBC is affiliated with:
- Leaugue of American Bicyclists
- Ride Illinois
- Active Transportation Alliance
- Chicago Area Mountain Bikers (CAMBR)
By joining with others, you will have riding companions for a wide range of experiences and more opportunities to enjoy the health benefits of bicycling. After a maximum of three guest rides, the rider is expected to become a member in order to continue riding with the club.
See Second Video Below: Club members ski among ABR’s beauty —
Something for adults of all ages and activity levels
Road & Trail Bike Riding:
- Ride speeds from 8 – 10 mph up to 20-25+ mph
- Single-day distances from 10 to over 200 miles
- Local and out-of-state ride locations, including invitationals
- Rides on roads or trails
- See our dedicated Mountain Biking (MTB) page here: Mountain Biking
- See our dedicated Cross Country Skiing page here: Cross-Country Skiing
- Advocacy news and opportunities
- Informative and entertaining meetings and programs
- Tips from experienced members on:
- Your riding performance
- The various ride locations
- Riding invitationals
- Minimal obligation
- very small yearly dues
- no meeting requirements
- Free tools
- Ride with GPS Premium Membership
- Membership to Google Groups EBC email group
- Membership to Facebook Private EBC Club page
- Membership to Strava Club page
- Free training
- Ride with certified professional coaches in the disciplines of mountain biking, triathlon competition, and other skillsets
- [Editor’s Note on Video: That’s George Pastorino, EBC Club President, holding the big check in the video, to the right, with the mazing Hal Honeyman of Project/Creative Mobility!]:
- Video below: Club members ski among ABR’s beauty —